Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's staying...

* Fever - anywhere between 100-104.4 (randomly jumpy with or without medication... totally weird)
* Shaking Chills (usually associated with the higher fevers - I'm calling the doc office again about this one)
* Cough (getting worse)
* Nasal Congestion (runny and stuffed)
* Vomiting (once today and once yesterday)
* Eye Irritation (possibly "pink eye" again)


Maddox has an infection in each ear and is on antibiotics. The doctor said that he *could* have strep, that his throat is a little red, but she didn't want to do the test because even if he did have it, the antibiotics for his ears would take care of the strep.

I looked at different symptoms on webmd and couldn't really get any information that I wanted. It said that ear infections can cause a fever, but they didn't say a "high fever" and they didn't say anything about what type of fever. Also, they did not list any type of symptoms beyond ear pain, not wanting to lay down, etc. I asked Maddox about his ears earlier today and yesterday because he had been sticking his finger in one of his ears the day before, but he said that his ears felt fine.

As for Strep - the only symptom he has of any that are listed is the fever over 101. Otherwise he hasn't had any throat issues. He has had a decreased appetite, like when he was sick before, but hasn't complained about the swallowing process or anything like that.

I'm nervous that he has pneumonia again. He has all the same symptoms and is coughing a lot again (except he hasn't complained of any body aches yet).

I guess all we can do is wait to see how he feels after 24 hours on his antibiotics. At least we'll know by Monday and will be able to bring him back in if we need to.

No comments:

Post a Comment