Monday, March 10, 2008

Baby Girl's Clothes

I was looking at "The Essential Things You Need For Your Baby" on WebMD because, although you'd think I'd know this, it's been so long since Maddox was born and I like to make lists LOL

So I was going over the clothing part. The other stuff I can figure out on my own, but when it comes to clothes (especially baby girl clothes), it's so tempting for everyone to buy whatever they see that is too cute to pass up. So here's my little list to help me get the *right* things.

What WebMD says:

  • 6 undershirts that snap on the bottom or tie on the side, commonlycalled "onesies" (3 in three-month size and 3 in six-month size)
  • 3-4 infant gowns with elastic bottoms or draw strings. These makefor easy diaper changes. All you have to do is pull the gown up over the bellyto change the diaper and then pull it back down when finished. There is nostumbling around trying to snap the gown back together, which is especiallynice when it's 3 am and all you want to do is get baby back to sleep so thatyou can get back to sleep.
  • 6 sleepers/stretch suits (3 newborn to three-month size and 3 insix-month size). These are nice to put baby in during the day, but are notessential items. When buying these, make sure you get the kind that zip up thefront. These are easier to get baby in and out.
  • 3-4 pairs of booties or socks with stretch elastic band at cuff
  • 3-4 receiving blankets
  • 1 blanket to cover swaddled baby in crib
  • 1 sweater and hat


This is what we have: (of items on that list)

  • Several onesies, all of which are fancy and decorated!
  • 6-7 gowns, most of which are "boys"
  • 3 girl sleepers, 2-3 boy sleepers
  • 1 pair of knit booties, pink with pink ribbon "drawstring"
  • a couple blankets, mostly heavy cotton and fleece

Now my list of things I'd still like to get:

  • a pack of plain white onesies
  • a pack of plain pink onesies
  • at least 1 girl gown, I LOVE gowns the most of anything. They are so convenient. Now with "baby legs" being so easily found, we'll probably be using gowns a lot more outside of the house as well as inside!
  • a package of socks, preferably Okie Dokie from JC Penny's (Maddox has ALL Okie Dokie and has since he was an infant because I LOVE them so much!) - girly colors and white.
  • receiving blankets
  • 3-4 large, thin blankets for swaddling
  • hat

No comments:

Post a Comment