Monday, March 17, 2008

28 Week Appointment

Today I am 27 weeks and 6 days. I had my 28 week appointment today and scheduled my next two - 32 weeks (31w6d on April 14th) and 34 weeks (33w6d on April 28th).

Did the 1 hour glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. Failed it. I was supposed to get under 135 and I got 135 exactly. Now I will have to go into the hospital to do the 3 hour test. I'll either have to see if my sister has a day off and can drop me off at the hospital and take Maddox somewhere for 3 hours or see if she will take him Friday night over night and drag Clayton to the hospital to sit there for 3 hours with me on Saturday morning. I need to do it in the morning because I need to fast. I do NOT want to fast for 8 hours during the day. That would not be fun - even if I wasn't a preggo!

We talked about the Mirena IUD and I think I will getting that after the baby is born. She will insert it around 8-10 weeks postpartum. I am so terrible with birth control. I hate the depo shot and can never remember to take pills. I also asked about Maddox being in the delivery room when I have the baby and she said that was fine as long as there was another adult in the room with him. Clayton and my mom will definitely be in the room and my sister will be, at least, in the hospital somewhere. She's a bit of a chicken when it comes to other people delivering babies. When I was pregnant, the second I said I was going to puke, she took off!

I've only gained 3lbs in the last 5 weeks, but gained 6cm in uterus size. I was not surprised at all when she said I was measuring 30cm! I told her before I even got up on the table that this child is huge! I was right! I would like to deliver before 38 weeks (preferably 37-38 weeks), but having a big kiddo makes me really nervous about going to 40+ weeks. Even though Maddox was born at 36 weeks, there is always the possibility that I could go early again or late.

The heartbeat sounded good, blood pressure was good, and everything else looked and sounded good (except the GD test). My next appointment is 32 weeks (see top) and my midwife will start internals. She's also going to do The Fetal Fibronectin Test - which is a Q-Tip swab in my vagina to determine if I have a risk of delivering in the following two weeks. She'll do the test at 32 and 34 weeks. My midwife said that I could go to 40 weeks and if I do end up going past 36 that I will be miserable. Glad to have that to look forward to. LOL I did not feel nervous about delivery at all, but thinking about going to 40 weeks kind of freaks me out.

My mother is picking me up around 1PM and I have an Ultrasound at 2PM at Argosy University. I'm pretty excited about that! Nervous also, because I had these wacky dreams on Saturday night about delivering circumcised boys. First a singleton, then twins. I'm only nervous about having a boy because of all the girl stuff that we have. I do have all Maddox's left over, but have tons of brand new girl stuff and a $249.00 carseat in "Princess" that I cannot return or exchange. I feel like she is a girl, we saw the three lines at our first Ultrasound, but I still feel very nervous for some reason. I'm hoping that they will be able to do a weight estimate and I want a picture of the genitals. This ultrasound is mostly for fun though. I am a volunteer and a ultrasound tech student will be performing the ultrasound. The teacher will come and do a run through as well, but mostly, it will just be the student.

That's all, I think... Anything else I think of, I will post with the ultrasound pictures/update!

No comments:

Post a Comment