Thursday, March 27, 2008

Books

Recommended Books

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
The Baby Book by William Sears, Martha Sears
The Nursing Mother's Companion: Revised Edition by Kathleen Huggins
The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer
Pregnancy Childbirth and the Newborn: The Complete Guide by Penny Simkin
Gentle Birth Choices by Barbara Harper

There are tons of books that I'd love to get, but the ones that I really would like are:

The Birth Book by William Sears, Martha Sears
The Breastfeeding Book by Martha Sears, William Sears
The Attachment Parenting Book by William Sears, Martha Sears
The Vaccine Book by Robert Sears

I'd also like:

The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer
The Baby Book by William Sears, Martha Sears

I know I'm repeating things here, over and over again, but just trying to be thorough.

I've heard that "The Baby Book" is better for first time parents, but I still don't think it's that bad of an idea. I consult these guys (and girl) website a lot for information on medicines, etc, but I didn't realize they had a huge chain of books. I thought I'd stick with a theme here and just go the "Sears" route. They seem to know what they are talking about and the majority of their books have been recommended, even by my naturalbirth community.

We won't be going the home birth route, but I will be trying my hardest for a natural birth at the hospital. With Maddox, I had to have the antibiotics for Group B Strep because I hadn't been tested for it yet and after about 15-ish hours of labor, I gave into the pitocin (thanks to my grandmother's scare tactics).

Hopefully all will go well. I'm praying that Faye turns around and is head down and that I will not end up having a C-Section. That's at the far opposite end than a natural birth. If I can avoid that, my next step is to find alternative, natural ways for labor progression in case I stall again. But who knows if I actually did stall. Maybe that's just what the hospital told me to try and talk me into having pitocin. They kept bugging me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment