Friday, February 15, 2008

Trip to the Hospital

I called my midwife yesterday around 3PM. I just wanted to let her know what was going on and get her opinion. I felt fine all day yesterday, but was still concerned about the night before and figured I should call now because my midwife wouldn't be back in the office till Monday. I could always leave a message and she's call back Friday-Sunday if I were having more problems, but I didn't want to bother her then since I wasn't having any discomfort.

Well, she said to go over to the hospital and have them check things out. Check for a UTI, my cervix, see if anything was going on. We left around 6-6:15PM and didn't get home until 8PM.

First we waited in the Labor assessment room for the longest time before anybody came into the room. She hooked me up to the monitoring system. Little girl was hiding so it took several minutes to find the heartbeat. Everything looked fine. I had pee'd in a cup when I first got there and she took that with after she hooked me up. About an hour-ish later a nurse comes in, says there was blood in my urine but everything else was fine (no UTI). No contractions (DUH, I'd been fine all day) and she checked my cervix (the most painful cervix check I've ever had done) and said it was still thick and she couldn't get a finger through. I don't know if it was completely closed, or just not open enough to get a finger through... who knows.

So all in all it was LONG, boring, and uninformative.

I guess the only way I'll know if they are contractions or not (or anything to worry about or not) is if I go in when I am in pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment