Thursday, February 14, 2008

No Sleep

I got very little sleep last night. Maddox got a new big boy bed last night that is in his bedroom. He hasn't slept in his own bedroom since around 2 (maybe earlier than that). I was up with pain for most of the night, I finally fell asleep and Maddox woke up around 1:30-2 AM. He was up and ready to play! He wanted lemonade and something to eat. I had 1/4 a bottle of water left and he downed it. He still wanted more but I made him go back to bed. He laid in my bed for awhile but I had to kick him out because I was in too much pain & discomfort. He was pretty mad that his toddler bed had nothing but a Thomas the Tank Engine blanket on it. I told him he could lay there or go in his new bed with his blanket and pillow. About a half hour of whining, he decided to go get his blanket and bring it to the toddler bed. It took forever to get back to bed again. At least an hour. Finally I did and Maddox slept til almost 10AM this morning. I woke up a little when Clayton left at 7:45AM and it took awhile to get back to sleep again because my right leg/hip joint hurt so bad. I woke up around 9 AM in pain again (just the leg/hip joint pain this time) and just laid in bed pretending to sleep until Maddox told me it was time to get up. I'm not supposed to lay on my back, but it is the only thing that made me comfortable this morning. Last night I had to scrunch up like a frog with a pillow under my belly. The baby is too big for me to lay on my stomach and for some reason, my legs all scrunched up made me feel better than any other position I could get into.

Feeling fine now and surprisingly, not tired. I don't think we are going to be able to give Maddox a nap today. He'll probably never go to bed tonight if he has a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment