I started having Maddox go to bed on his own. Since he was around 15mo, I've been in the room with him while he falls asleep (which is why we moved his crib/toddler bed into our room in the first place). We tried pretty much every technique that was suggested to us or that I could find online and nothing worked. Crying might have, but after 2 hours and no REAL reason why he needed to be sleeping in his own bedroom, I just said forget it. He has been going to be just fine. I put him down in his toddler bed, tuck him in, kiss him good night, I love you and so forth. Then I shut the doors and go in the living room. He's been going to be just fine.
With his new bed, I didn't expect bedtime to go that great and it didn't. He slept in his bed til about 1:30-2AM. Slept in my bed for about 20 minutes (after wanting to play, wanting lemonade, downing several ounces of water, and wanting to eat), then I had to kick him out of my bed (I wasn't feeling good). He laid in his toddler bed with nothing but the bare mattress and a Thomas the Tank Engine blanket over it. He finally decided to go get his blanket and pillow and slept in his toddler bed from around 3-10AM.
We were going to skip the nap today, after he woke up at 10AM, but I got him in his bed for books, etc a little after 2PM. He was singing his ABC's lol. I decided to call my doctor (just to get her opinion before she was out of the office for 3 days) and he comes out with his blanket saying that he woke up. He is now back in his bed, after protesting and insisting that he DID sleep and that he woke up. He was told to stay in his bed until I came to get him in an hour and was told that he needed to TRY and go to sleep. I have NO idea if he actually will try to go to sleep, but I have no doubt that he will stay in his bed till I come to get him.
We have a reason why he needs to sleep in his own bedroom in his own bed now. His toddler bed will come down by next Wednesday (and no sooner than Monday). After that, we'll wait a week or two and rearrange our bedroom. Then I probably won't set up the babies pack n' play/bassinet thing until I am in labor (I'm organized like that!). So I hope that by the time the baby gets here, Maddox will be settled in his bedroom and will not associate the room change, etc with the baby taking over his space in the room.
I hope to paint the crib a dark brown/ebony this spring. I want to spray paint it because I like the look better, but I don't know (and am afraid I probably won't be able to) if I can safely do that. I can get chew guards for the rails and I'm almost positive they have non-toxic spray paint, but I still haven't researched it all well enough to find out if it is safe or not. I know that I am too lazy to actually paint it though. Spray painting, no problem. Using a brush and making it look nice, I'm too scared to try!
No comments:
Post a Comment