Maddox is really getting into the independent stage. I know most kids that are his age went through it almost a year ago, but up until a couple weeks ago, Maddox wanted me to do everything for him. He still asks for help with some things like pulling up his underwear (they always get twisted).. and some other things I cannot think of right now. LOL Everything else we try to help with, we get yelled at - "NO! I do it by MYSeeeeeeeeelf!" Hopefully that means he'll be trying to get his own shirt, pants, etc on. He is supposed to be doing that as well, but he would never even try before. Especially since he'd rather run around naked! He can take OFF his own clothes now, since we started refusing to do it for him. If he wants his clothes off, he can do it himself. He's the one that wants to run around naked!
The bad parts of him wanting to do everything himself. Getting DVD's, taking them out of the case, putting them into the DVD player on his own. We had raised the DVD player and VCR as high as it would go on our entertainment center when he started to pull himself up. Now he is tall enough to reach everything! Luckily, the Wii is ONTOP of the entertainment center, so he cannot reach that. I definitely watch him so that he doesn't try to climb up the entertainment center. I've heard a lot of stories about kiddo's trying to climb up and pulling the TV onto themselves. We do not have a plasma or anything like that so it is a heavy TV.
But that's all for now. I've typed as much as I possibly can right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment