Maddox is so awesome though. He is still in such a good mood even though he feels so awful. He is so sweet, maybe even sweeter when he is sick. He isn't liking me checking his temp (under arm with digital), but otherwise, he is being so polite while asking for things and when I ask him how he is feeling, etc, he says "I'm just fine!" He's laying in our bed at 3AM, a half hour after waking up, not going back to bed and he's just so sweet and calm. He's not bored or grumpy, just laying in bed. We're on the couch now. I figured if I was staying up a little longer to make sure his temp goes down some and he is not falling back to sleep, we might as well camp out on the couch for a little while. I don't like that his temp hasn't gone below 102, but at least it is not 104.4 anymore. I just don't know if I should call the doctor first and have Clayton go to work and come back home, or if I should just bring Maddox in at 8AM without calling. Our wonderful doctors office takes walk-ins all day long. They do not have well-baby checks past 4-4:30PM, but you can schedule an appointment for a sick child or walk-in with a sick child until around 7:30-8PM.
Sunday:
+ Puking from 6am-6pm
+ No appetite
+ Pee'd twice
+ Temp - 100.2 in the late afternoon
Monday:
+ No puking
+ Still no appetite, but ate a little
+ Not as much liquids (maybe because of the running around we did)
+ Pee'd three times, with one bout of diarrhea
+ Blood shot eyes
+ Minor cough
+ Temp - 99.6 (ish) - cannot remember when I checked it.
Tuesday:
+ Puked once, around 5pm
+ Mucusy cough
+ No appetite - ate about the same as on Monday.
+ Bloodshot eyes, woke up with goop
+ Fairly good energy
+ Pee'd 1-2 times (I remember him going in the morning, but not anything after that)
"Wednesday": (2AM-On)
+ Woke up and had to pee (so Pee'd once)
+ Bloodshot eyes, crusted and goopy
+ Mucusy cough (5 hours after taking Delsym)
+ Seems to have trouble breathing - Seems shallow & fast.
+ High temp
+ 104.4 at 2:30AM
+ 103.7 at 2:45AM (15 minutes after Ibuprofen)
+ 102.7 at 3:00AM (30 minutes after Ibuprofen)
+ 102.4 at 3:30AM (60 minutes after Ibuprofen)
+ 103.2 at 4:30AM
+ 100.2 at 6:30AM
+ 99.7 at 8:30AM
Pics are a little blurry because my camera didn't want to focus in the dark. (Goop and Crust cleaned out prior to pictures).


Pics from this morning - a little crusty (I pulled out the crusts already), but not nearly as goopy or as crusted shut as 2:30AM.

No comments:
Post a Comment