I'm actually afraid to even say anything about it...
We've been having some issues with poop. Faye poops and then refuses to have her diaper changed. By the time I am able to force her into getting her diaper changed, she is bright red and sore.
Wednesday evening she came to me on her tiptoes in a walking squat and ASKED me to change het diaper. I didn't even know she had pooped. It had been a half hour since I last changed her and even less time since the last time she was on my lap. When I changed her, she was in a lot of pain. I had Maddox go downstairs and get Faye a pair of underwear, so that she could air out a bit. I decided to keep her in them overnight.
I put a water proof sheet on her bed, brought a diaper, wipes, and pajamas next to my bed and put her to bed in just her undies with just an extra blanket. I sat her on the toilet. I was going to brush her teeth and read books while she was on the potty, but she threw a huge fit about having her teeth brushed. I had to bring her into her bed (underwear still at her ankles) and brush her teeth. Then we went back to the potty. We got halfway through her first book (Baby Da Vinci, My Body) and she started to pee. Her entire face lit up! We finished books in bed and did our normal routine. At midnight she crawled in bed with us. I checked to see how wet she was and to my surprise, she was still dry! I brought her to the potty (unhappy child) and she pee'd after a couple minutes. Her entire face lit up again. I lined our bed with my tie fleece blanket (folded in half) to catch her pee in case she pee'd on our bed. She woke up dry in the morning and pee'd on the potty again. She gave Daddy a high five and we went upstairs. After that we had 2 accidents (one involving poop in training underwear) and a couple successes.
She wore underwear to bed again last night. She pee'd before going to bed and when she got up in the morning, but she wouldn't let me bring her when she came to our bed in the middle on the night. We have had no accidents so far. One pee, before Dad left for work and then this morning when I was in the kitchen, Faye yelled that she had pooped in her potty. She did!!! All by herself, no prompting, no encouraging, nothing. She just went, pulled her undies down, and pooped in her potty!
Now wish us luck for the rest of the day! And pray I didn't just jinx myself!
No comments:
Post a Comment