What a special day! I have such a wonderful family!
My husband was gone by the time that Faye and I woke up. Maddox was upstairs. Faye and I went upstairs and both the kids collected the little boxes of Valentine's Day chocolates that Dad and I had left for them to find on the kitchen table. Maddox had to show me the special gifts that they got from Grandma and Bepaw Miller. Dad came in the door, he had already gotten up, showered, got ready for work, and went to the grocery store to get juice boxes from Maddox's class Valentine's Day party.
Dad told me that Maddox had brought us both a Valentine's Day surprise. Dad had Maddox bring the surprise back upstairs until Faye and I woke up. He said it was in the refrigerator. I opened the door and there was a chocolate covered strawberry (Faye & I made them yesterday evening) in a cute little strawberry shaped bowl. I completely teared up. He is the sweetest kid on the planet!
A short while later, I went to go look up something online for my sister and I noticed in my gmail an email from my mother-in-law with the subject title "Your Son", it said:
I know you already know this but your son has the sweetest soul!This morning he was so surprised by your valentine candy on the table for him that he had to come in and tell me about it. Then he said "I really want to surprise mom and dad". I asked him why and he said "For Valentines day". Then I asked him how he wanted to do that and he said "I don't know that's why I'm asking you for help". I suggested making a card on the computer or maybe bringing you each a chocolate covered strawberry. He jumped right on the idea of the strawberries. He was so excited to bring them down to you two. He just couldn't believe you would give him chocolates on Valentine's Day!As I was leaving he runs up the stairs out of breath and said "Whooh, I thought you left already and I wanted to say goodbye to you", and he gave me a great big hug.He is such a special little guy!
Yep! Definitely the best kid around!
Later on, I pulled out a Valentine Print Out from Starfall.com. Maddox had decided he wanted to make a Valentine for his cousin Kaden. He wanted to make one for Kaden, Dante, and Ariana. I told him that he could only make one Valentine and I told him that he could make one for one of his cousins, someone on his bus or at school (other than in his class, who are getting Bakugan valentines!), or someone at home. He says "Oh! I know who I'm
going to make one for! It starts with kah, kah, kah, but it's not Kaden!" He decided to make Kelsey a valentine, and here it is!

Unfortunately, Kelsey was not on the bus today. Maddox said she is sick, so he is saving the valentine. Hopefully she will be feeling better tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment