I'm searching around a little to find if there is anything that I can do to make this more progressive and I found the "birthingnaturally" site.
It brought me to an article about "The Slow to Start Labor" - http://www.birthingnaturally.net/birth/progress/slow.html - The third sentence in explains exactly how I feel. I also started reading about the challenges or a slow to start labor - http://www.birthingnaturally.net/birth/challenges/slow.html - "Often a baby in a poor position will cause an irregular contraction pattern with short and painful contractions."
They're definitely not short - some are, but most are lasting around 1.5-2 minutes, but even though they are (I should say were) consistent and frequent, they are very irregular - ranging anywhere between 4-9 min apart and stretching out to 20 minutes apart (now that they'd subsided quite a bit).
I can definitely see one or even BOTH of these being an issue "The slow labor may indicate a problem with the baby's position, such as an asynclyntic (head not pressing fully on the cervix) or posterior presentation." and my labor stalled with Maddox (who was OP) and was talked into getting Pitocin to get things going again.
I do not have a problem pushing the child out (which I found a lot of negative information about people not being able to birth an OP baby - found while I was looking up Breech info), but it seems like I have a heck of a time getting my body to progress into active labor.
This sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment