Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hopefully Not Pre-E

I've been feeling pretty miserable all day. Maddox and I came downstairs to get some cars and while walking through the rooms, I nearly fainted. I've been feeling very faint for most of the day. I had a bottle of water, ate a banana, and a little while later I sat down on the floor and was drinking my tea while Maddox played in the living room. All of a sudden I felt like I had to vomit. Got up and sat in the bathroom awhile and did. I felt alright for a short time after that and than I started to feel nauseous. That feeling has also remained with me all day. I started to get tired around 12:30PM and decided that Maddox and I should get ready for a nap. When we got downstairs I started to get a headache. We read one book because I wasn't feeling well and then went to sleep. I slept for about 2 hours before waking up. I still had my headache and still have it now.

I was trying to figure out this morning why I could have vomited and apparently everything that I have been feeling today and the sudden swelling of my feet, ankles, and hands (as of the past 1-2 weeks) are all signs of Pre-Eclampsia (aka Toxemia). I needed Clayton to go to Target for a few things so I decided to have him pick me up so I could check my blood pressure. Neither Target or Rainbow have a machine, so I had him stop at Cub (luckily they're all on the same road as each other and on the way home). 139/76 which only falls into the "prehypertension", but as a person who's BP is usually around 100-115/50-60, it makes me uncomfortable that I feel this way AND it's the highest it's ever been. The highest it's ever been today is 120/70 and I only recall one time.

Anyways, so I'm going to call my doc first thing in the morning and leave a message with her. I have a doctors appointment on Monday, but I'd at least like to talk to her and see if there is anything I should or shouldn't do before having her check my BP and taking a urine sample.

Hopefully it is nothing. Hopefully I'm just not feeling well and just being paranoid. Luckily I'll be 36 Weeks on Tuesday so if it is Pre-E, it's no big deal and I don't have to worry about "keeping the baby in as long as possible" while worrying about her not getting enough oxygen and nutrients.

No comments:

Post a Comment