Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Hmmm...

I completely forgot to post about the wraps that I "made".

After my post on March 10th about baby wearing, I made Clayton bring me over to Joanne Etc and found some fabric. I "made" a woven wrap (aka bought a piece of fabric and had Clayton's grandma serge the ends) - which is what I am wearing Maddox in. It is a non-stretchy woven cotton fabric that is good for heavier infants and older children. I "made" 2 "Moby" wraps (aka bought a piece of jersey knit fabric and cut it in half lengthwise, so that I have two 5 yard long, 25in wide "wraps"). A Moby wrap (which is actually a brand for "stretchy wrap") is a stretchy (but not too stretchy) jersey knit/t-shirt type cotton. It is really flexible and soft - great for newborns and small infants and can be used up to 15-25lbs.

Woven wraps are usually around $100 for one and the Moby Wrap is $40. I made all three for under $40!

This was our first attempt at wrapping, so it doesn't look that great (and the poor boy was having a bad eye allergy day), we've been occasionally working on it for fun, and it's not so easy to manuveur it with this giant belly in my way and having to tie it up A LOT higher than normal, not to mention trying to wrap for the very first time with a 30lb kid LOL I have him stand on the couch and I'll put the wrap on his back, then I sit down on the couch, have him jump on and then will have him hang on while I stand up and lean forward to tie it. It works pretty good and I don't have to pick him up at all.

IMG_1728

I tried out the stretch wrap and that was a little difficult to get it to feel comfortable on my skin because my belly is so big and it doesn't really position right. I put it on and put my brother in law's cat in there. She's such a good sport about stuff! She worked really nicely in a cradle type hold!

Anyways, I'm really excited to start carrying the little beany baby. I have one all rolled up and in a bag to bring to the hospital to try right away LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment