Sunday, December 21, 2008

Guitar for Christmas

or so Maddox thinks...

I started wrapping Christmas presents last Monday and Maddox asked where his Christmas present was. I told him it was downstairs but it wasn't wrapped, so he couldn't see it. He insisted that I go downstairs and wrap his present (in green paper) and bring it up. So I went down, wrapped it and brought it up and Maddox asked "Is that a guitar?" I told him that I couldn't tell him what it was because it was supposed to be a surprise. He informed me that it WAS a guitar. He told me "Well... It's small on this end and big on this end and it looks just like a guitar!" I told him he'd have to wait until Christmas morning to see what it was. He forgot about his guitar and went on playing as I went on to wrap a couple more presents. He was curious and wanted to know who the other Christmas presents were for, so we were reading the tags together. After about 3 Christmas presents, Maddox said "And just remember Mom, the Guitar is mine!" I laughed and told him he didn't even know if it was a guitar or not and he again, went on to explain why it definitely was a guitar, demonstrating with his hands "big" and "small"....

He has since forgotten... but it was a pretty funny conversation!

No comments:

Post a Comment