Wednesday, December 10, 2008

6 Month Well-Baby

15lbs 2oz
25in

Her weight went from the 37th percentile to the 33rd and her height went from the 57th to the 25th. I don't know what that is all about. She did outgrow all her 3-6mo sleepers over a month ago and couldn't straighten out her legs... but apparently, she hasn't grown that much, height-wise, since.

She is doing well. She has constant nasal congestion that keeps getting worse and is so bad at night that she can barely breath and wakes up frequently because she looses her nuk because she has to breath from her mouth. I have saline sitting on the headboard of the bed and run a humidifier all night and morning and it doesn't help too much and there isn't anything else I can do to help her. That really stinks. She does not like to be propped up either. It helps her congestion *some* but she is completely restless when propped up.

She got her DTaP today and will go in for Hib and PCV in 2-4 weeks, or whenever I choose before her 9mo appointment!

She's been very fussy this evening and it took a long time to get her to bed. I forgot the tylenol today and they sent in a nurse to give her some tylenol. A nurse came in a gave me a syringe that was filled up to 2.5-3ml of a red liquid. It looked like Robitussin. I smelled it, tasted it, and dumped it down the sink. I'm almost positive it was a cold med. Either way, she should only get a 0.8ml dose of tylenol.. not almost 3mls!

We took the bus and it was SO cold. I ended up going to a near by restaurant and calling my mom to come get us after she got off work. I don't have winter boots and so my toes hurt really bad by the time we got on our second bus to the clinic. Maddox was pretty much warm, but I didn't have very much to cover his nose, mouth, and chin. Faye was toasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment