I'm getting new storage shelving in the kids' bedroom. Faye's toys are mostly in our bedroom and Maddox's toys are in their bedroom. I've got bins for his toys and am separating them and getting them organized.
The problem is there is a lot of separating and very little organizing. He has a bin of monster trucks, a bin of cars, racecars, some airplanes and motorcycles. Mostly they are all Hot Wheels, Matchbox, and "Cars" brand die cast vehicles and belong together. Then there is a bin of transformers and I have another bin that I made the "space" bin. It has an astronaut kit, star wars items, and other space related stuff. Everything else are just a bunch of random junk that does not belong together. He has a handful or less of a lot of different stuff and its frustrating trying to organize it and make it easy to find, easy to get to, easy to put away, and look nice all at the same time!
Grr!
Did you have any luck with this? Tell me if you did, because I am always struggling with this with my boys!
ReplyDeleteI've been waiting to reply until I was able to get a picture of what we did. Unfortunately, I haven't done that yet! He doesn't have a lot of toys, so it ended up being a little easier (once I was able to accept the idea of a "junk drawer"). I'll get that picture soon! Thanks for visiting our blog!
ReplyDelete