Faye was up all night. Second night in a row. She started complaining Tuesday evening and putting my hand over her ear, then she passed out in my lap.
She was so heartbreaking the first night. She kept crying for "more medicine, mommy" and then she started out crying to me "take care of me, mommy! Just take care of me!" That was heart wrenching. I had been giving her Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, and a benzocaine ear drops. There was nothing else I could give her at the time.
The second night she was more mad about stuff. She was kicking me about stuff, mad because she wanted to read books, and mad about lord only knows. She refused Acetaminophen all night. She told daddy "I don't want to feel better, I want to feel bad." She then cried because she was scared. Scared of me (lol) and scared of the dark. Lots of times she claims to be scared of Maddox. Then she wanted to go sleep with daddy. He was on the couch. I think half because I was sleeping on his pillow and maybe a little bit because he knew Faye was going to be crying all night again. That sounds bad (lol) but she will never let him do anything for her, so he might as well get his sleep. He didn't LEAVE bed! I let Faye go lay with him two separate times. Once early in the night and then again early in the morning, maybe 5-7 ish? In-between she cried and cried to sleep with him. Finally, sometime this morning she said to me "I want to feel better!"
We went upstairs to get Ibuprofen. She didn't want to drink it, she just wanted "eye drops" haha! I told her she couldn't have any ear drops until after she drank the medicine. She drank it down in a second! Of course when I got her laid down for the drops, her ear is all crusty and I think her ear drum burst. Fortunately, she passed out before she could cry anymore about wanting ear drops.
Yesterday, she slept on and off all day. She has been falling asleep very easily. Unfortunately, she wakes up very easily too. She did sleep a decent nap before lunch time and again after school. She's sleeping now too, has been for almost an hour.
All of us have been sick the past week and a half. I got sick on Sunday afternoon (6th?). I had to have our neighbor bring Maddox to his bus stop on Monday. Tuesday I had Clayton stay home from work. I had a 105 degree temperature. I felt the most miserable I ever have and could barely move. I got my appetite back this Monday (14th), but my throat has still been too sore to eat much. I lost my last week too and still cannot talk much. The coughing has settled down a bit, if it weren't for Faye, I'd be able to sleep at night!
Faye woke up around 1-2am on Tuesday the 8th, puking. She was up all night. I ended up having to leave the bed and let Clayton deal with her. I needed sleep so bad and, of course, when I woke up Tuesday morning, the was the worst day of my sickness. Faye only puked that morning and she was fine, in that aspect, for the rest of the day. She has had a 102-103 temp since that day. Lately, she's been around 101-102 even though she was feeling perfectly fine otherwise... now she has the ear infection.
Clayton went to work Wednesday and had a sore throat. He was really feeling like crap on Thursday and by the time he got home from work that day, he had a 104 temp. He is coughing (and so is Faye) but not as bad as Maddox or myself. He's getting his appetite back.
Maddox woke up on Wednesday the 9th with a terrible belly ache. He threw up a few times. He cried his little heart out too. He had a bad headache with ear pain. I wanted to cry with him. During my entire first several days of having this, I had a massive headache with really bad ear pressure. It is what made me non-functional a lot of the days. I thought it was the high fever (I was 104+ for over 12 hours and then on and off as the medicine wore off), but I realized it was from the cold that we had. I gave Maddox some medicine and felt better. He only threw up the couple times and was actually feeling much better before dad even left for work. He stayed home from school Wednesday and had Thursday & Friday off. I sent him to school on Monday because he had been feeling better for a couple days, but he was still in the 99's.
Hopefully Faye will be feeling better soon. Spring is around the corner and hopefully we can kick all this sickness.
No comments:
Post a Comment