Saturday, October 18th, We went to the pumpkin patch. I, personally, was quite disappointed. It was SO packed. Jam packed. There was a line of 30ish people to get into the gift shop and little cafe that never got shorter. The weather was OK and I was OK with all the people (especially since I couldn't eat any Apple Pie or Ice Cream anyways), but when we got down to the pumpkin patch, I saw that there was only one small aisle plowed down for pumpkins. The corn maze took up a lot of space and the rest was just weeds. It was a real bummer. We had a hard time finding pumpkins too.
Maddox and Faye already had pumpkins that our wonderful neighbors brought over for them, but he wanted to pick out a big one anyways. Clayton found a pumpkin and Maddox claimed it, so we had to find Clayton another one. I found a cool green one and than I found Clayton a small warty looking pumpkin. After we picked out and paid for our pumpkins, we walked down by the front of the building. We got Maddox a bag of popcorn because we had promised getting him some food before we found out that it was horribly packed. The line to get into the main store was going very fast, so we decided to go in and get the Strawberry Rhubarb Pie that I wanted so bad. We got the pie and a half a peck of Haralson Seconds for homemade Apple Pies!











I made three Apple Pies. One on October 22nd and Two more on October 25th. Two had a Streusel Topping and one was a regular double crust. Here's the one I made on the 22nd.

Pumpking Carving was done in three stages. Stage One: I cut open two pumpkins and cleaned out one. Clayton had to cut open and clean out the rest - Faye woke up and was being a turd! Stage Two: Carving of Designs. I carved Boba Fett into my pumpkin. Clayton carved Uniqua into one of Maddox's pumpkins and a kitty into his pumpkin... for Faye. Maddox carved a hole in his pumpkin, but he did it all by himself! Faye crabbed and my pumpkin carving experience a lengthy one.






Stage Three was Stuff Faelyn in a pumpkin! Our first try failed, our second try was successful!









And here are our pumpkins!


Oct 30th, Maddox got to dress up to go to school! He was Anakin Skywalker for Halloween. They had a little Fall Party the last 30 minutes of class and I dressed Faye up for it as well. She was a Lady Bug for Halloween.

This year was the first year we celebrated Halloween with out my sister, Amy, and Maddox's cousins, Dante, Ariana, and Kaden. I was pretty bummed out, but Maddox was too excited about the prospect of getting candy to notice. I'm happy that he wasn't bummed and really, he probably didn't even remember. We got home a lot sooner and we went to a lot less house, but it was pretty good. We just went down our street. Just 2 Blocks down our street. Maddox got a small bucket of candy and decided that he had enough candy and it was time to go home. We did not argue one bit, but we did suggest that maybe we should go to our neighbor to the north of us because they were the only house on our street that we didn't go to.








Waiting for Trick-Or-Treating


I only took one picture TOTing. Our neighbors to the south of us. The one that bought Maddox and Faye pumpkins.
No comments:
Post a Comment