Faye has been getting crabby/crabbier. She acts like she is in pain and spits up a lot. Since birth, she has been spitting up and gulping it back down, she started spitting up and having it come out of her mouth and nose just after we got her home. She cannot be laid down less than 30 minutes after a feeding and she cannot stay laying down less than an hour after feeding or she will spit up. Night time feedings last almost 2 hours because she will eat from one side and by the time her belly feels well enough, she's ready to eat from the other and than it's another hour before I can lay her down. I feel exhausted. I'm getting very little sleep because of it. She wakes up 1-2 hours after each time she is laid down to go back to sleep and than it's another 2 hours of being up. I'm not getting to bed until 11pm-midnight and than am waking up around 4:30-5:30am (for a 2 hour feeding session and than Maddox wakes up).
She spits up and it comes out her mouth and nose and so she is constantly stuffed up and snoring, squeaky, and wheezy. She wriggles and cries like she is in pain. She wants to nurse, but she whimpers and whines and as soon as my milk lets down she is off the breast, but immediately wanting to be back on (and repeat). I do not have an overactive letdown (like I did with Maddox), so I know that really isn't the issue.
I was told that her spitting up and swallowing it back down was because of her quick birth, but it's been 3 and a half weeks and it shouldn't continue to go and get worse if it is from her birth. They say to reduce spitting up in babies to keep them up right for 15-30 minutes after a feeding, but we are needing to keep her up for an hour or more or she will spit up, cough, and gag. She also coughs and gags during feedings. I was told not to worry about it if she is gaining weight fine, but Maddox had GERD till he was a year old and gained weight just fine, he was just horribly uncomfortable.
I don't know whether or not we should make an appointment for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment