Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Fun on the Sled! & 12mo Well-Baby

Oh it's been a long day! But before we talk about that, lets look at pictures of me on my sled! We had to take the bus to the doctors, but before we did that, we played out in the snow and took rides on the sled!

Going down a hill
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

posing for the camera!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now to the long day story!

Mom and I caught the bus at 2PM. I had a 2:30 doctors appointment because I am ONE! and I also had to get my blood lead level tested. We got there a little bit late though, but it turned out to be ok. The doctor's visit was ok and then the nurse brought out the needles. I wasn't afraid at first, but after the first shot, I was horrified. She did it really slow. Mom hugged me and kissed me and rubbed my back. The nurse made mom turn me around and then she shot me in the other leg. That one didn't take as long, but it was still pretty long. After that, I thought I was alright and I thought it was time to leave, but it wasn't. They had to take my blood after that. It took more than ten minutes and it was the most horrible thing ever. First the girl pricked my finger and then she squeezed it over and over again really hard. After about 5 very long minutes she pricked my other finger and did it again. I clenched my fingers in my fists and shock for a good 10 minutes after that. We went to take the bus home and because we were in such a frenzy because of the horrible appointment we had, we got on the wrong bus and went downtown. We were supposed to get there at 5PM and another bus was supposed to come to take us home again at 5:07PM, but our bus didn't drop us off until 5:12PM and the other bus had left. We waited for over 20 minutes to see if there were any busses we could take anywhere, just to get out of the cold and to get to a phone, but the only other bus that came by was one that went out to the Maplewood Mall and Mahtomedi. We walked across the street and a really nice man in the office of the apartment building let us use the phone to call Dad. Dad came and got us because he only works a few blocks away and I had to ride home in the car without a carseat.

So anyways.. My stats were:

Weight: 21lbs 6.5oz
Height was Approx. 30-30.5 inches. The nurse didn't tell us and mom forgot to ask. But we'll get exacts next doc appt.

Also I can:

+ imitate activities
+ put block in cup
+ scribble (more like short, fast little lines)
+ kind of say one word (kitty)
+ walk well
+ stoop and recover
+ drink from a sippy cup

I cannot :

+ drink from a cup (I blow bubbles instead)
+ say two words

We haven't tried playing ball, but I don't think I can do that either.

No comments:

Post a Comment