Friday, January 18, 2013

Faelyn's Artwork






Last year, the extent of Faye's art was markers or paint scribbled on paper. Just swirling circles or back and forth scribbling. What you'd expect from a two year old and I always grumbled about it. Why does this child not know how to make a single picture?! Why does she insist on making scribbles and thinking her scribbles are lovely pictures?! Of course I always commented on her great use of colors and asked her to explain what was going on in her pictures, but I always thought what the heck is going on in her head?!

This year, every single time she brings home a new piece of free time artwork, she bowls me away. She usually sticks with a weekly trend and these are from the past couple weeks.

Pictures are going to be at the top, because that's how they post for some reason (posting via iPhone!)

First, at home, she drew a couple pictures of me with a flower. This was the first one. The flower had roots, I had a heart in my chest.

The second, she came home with this beautiful picture of me. She made two that week. Me, with brown hair and eyes (like I have), a bright red heart in my chest, and long, lovely eyelashes!

The third, and this one completely blew me out of the water... Yellow mountains and hills, a bird flying in the sky, and a yellow sun with red in it, because it was getting hotter!

And last, the drawing she brought home for me today (all folded up and in an envelope). This is a mommy whale. There is a baby whale on the mommies back (she's carrying her baby) and the baby has a spout coming up from her blowhole!

I worry about her academics ALL. THE. TIME. but I think her art work is brilliant! She will be going to Kindergarten Prep this next school year instead of Kindergarten. She is no where near being ready for Kindergarten, academically...

I'm still not convinced its just her age or a lack of interest, but we'll see what happens with the rest of this school year and this summer.

Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment