Saturday, November 13, 2004

Mom talks about the Childbirth Class

I dreaded going to this class because its 12 hours split between 2 days (9am-3pm each day).

It wasn't too bad though.. because there was a 10 minute break during the first half (9-11:30am), then we got an hour lunch (11:30-12:30pm), then another 10 minute break for the last half. And we are getting a $50 gift cert to Target for completing the classes....

Some of the "students" got to leave at 2:30pm because they were not going to be delivering at the hospital (delivering at a different hospital, home, or birth center), but the rest of us went on a short tour from 2:30-3pm.

I had already been to the ER, the Family Lounge, the Maternity Ward, Nursery, and was in one of the Birthing Rooms for a short period of time.. But it was nice to actually get to see that the birthing rooms DO have a bathtub and how the beds come apart for different birthing positions. I was only in the Birthing room for about a half hour after my Nephew was born, 4 years ago.. and so I never really got to "see" the room.. since I was paying more attention to my sister and Dante.

Alot of the information I already knew, but it was nice to hear it again (and nice to hear the new stuff), and to know that Clayton was hearing it all too. I'm sure he is curious about it, but reading pregnancy and baby sites probably isn't very interesting to him LOL.. And he got to learn how to use "touch therapy" on me for labor and how to help me with breathing.

The only bad and funny parts were that I was SUUUUPER tired.. and the teacher (although she was a woman) reminded me of Mr. Garrison from South Park.. She said "mmkay" just like him.. and everytime she said it.. I couldn't help but giggle inside.. and a few times outside too LOL.

I got a banana nut muffin and lemonade on my first break, panera bread (sierra turkey sandwich & sour dough roll) and caribou coffee (caramel cooler w/ chocolate and turtle treats), and a poppyseed muffin on my second break.. and they were all very good!

Ok.. That's all though. Going back again tomorrow. Going to go to bed early tonight so that I am not so dead tired there... Clayton was probably even more tired. He worked 10pm-6am Thursday night/Friday morning and slept till 3pm on Friday.. So he was up till 3am last night (playing a stupid PC game)... That'll teach him! (probably not).

No comments:

Post a Comment