Yesterday, I woke up at 5am with menstrually low back pain.. that I THOUGHT was just pain from being uncomfortable in bed. I went online for a little bit, put in some laundry, drank a BIG (32oz) glass of water, and looked at the Thanksgiving Day ad's with MIL til about 8am. Went back down to bed, slept for an hour and woke up at 9am with even worse (but non-menstrually) low back pains (that were constant). I wanted to sleep till 10am before getting up and taking a shower but I couldn't get back to bed, so I took a hot shower and the back pain went away..
I am not so sure (anymore) that they were just normal back pains though..
I went about my Thanksgiving day (still leaking).. went to bed, woke up for work this morning, went to work.. got out at 1:30pm.. I went potty right before I left and discovered that now my fluid was leaking off of the pad and onto my undies.. So I decided that I would call Doc when I got home.
Called the office, he wasn't in, but another OB there said to go over to L&D, called there to let them know I was coming.. Got there a little before 2pm. They did the same tests over again, found that the fern test was again negative. She says that two things are possible. I could have a high leak that they are not able to detect, or (even though it does not look or smell like urine) it could be Maddox pressing down on my bladder.
So I thought that soon after that I would be getting released (was in there for only 2 hours on Wed). So we waited and waited and finally she comes in... with a syringe full of SOMETHING.. I was totally confused. And she tells me that I am having contractions (which I felt some of them but didn't know they were contractions) and that I needed a shot of terbutaline to stop them. So I got that and about an hour/1.5 hours she came back in, checked, I was still contracting and went to get me another shot (and some OJ).
Finally, soon after the second shot, I stopped contracting. She gave me grahm crackers while she tried to get a hold of the OB at my clinic to see if I could eat. Then I got to order food.. Got that an hour later and then I got to leave about a half hour after that.
I had a MASSIVE headache by the end of all this. I just got out of the shower about 20 minutes ago.. and I still have a headache, but its not even half as bad as it was.
Clayton got to wheel me down to the parking lot in a wheel chair! Which I was thankful for because of my headache.. And I was still feeling super shaky from the shots.
So we spent 5.5 hours in the hospital.
Those shots were the worst I've had in my life. They stung like a bitch (and I have always been one that begged for shots when I was little.. and now that I am older, get them with no problems).. I was gripping my arm after that.. And then they made me sooooo coooold and super shaky, I could hardly hold anything.. and I couldn't reach for anything for about 2 minutes after I received the shot..
I really hope I do not feel any contractions at home or work till at least Monday. If I get contractions anytime after 11:59PM on Sunday.. They will just let me go into labor and deliver.. I DO NOT want that shot again.
Anyways.. so that's my story! And now I am going to go lay in bed and try to get rid of this headache (completely) and fall asleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment