Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Summer?!

Summer finally caught up to us.  I've been trying to keep some learning in summer, but we were spending a lot of time at Lake Calhoun.  Faye started to feel pretty crummy and for a couple weeks she was waking up every 6 days puking and following that up with a week of diarrhea.  We brought her to the doc and though they didn't really say or do anything about it, she was feeling fine.  She was still complaining of belly aches, but no puking or pooping.

My family reunion was on July 31, so we drove up to Alexandria for that.  We spent a couple more days up in that area at Clayton's uncles cabin.  We had a great time and probably could have stayed longer.  Neither of the kids wanted to leave, but we had plans to drive down to Tennessee.  We left on Tuesday morning (much later than I wanted to) and came home, rearranged the car and took off for TN.  We got to my sister's house around 2 or so.

We had a good time in Tennessee too.  Faye found her love of Toads and didn't want to leave TN either.  It was in the upper 90's to 100's while we were there and I could have just laid at the pool all day.  I loved their town pool.  It wasn't that great for Faye, but it felt great and it was salt water instead of chlorine!  So nice!

I slammed my finger in (under the lid) tank of the toilet right before leaving and had to being ice with me for the drive home.  My poor finger throbbed for the whole 14-15 hours it took to get home.  My finger still hurts.  Other than that, the ride home went better than the ride down.  It was nice to come home to a quiet, untouched home and to my own bed!

It has been really hard to get out of lazy mode and it's been in the 70's, so I have no motivation to go to the beach or anything like that.  We've only gotten out of the house a couple times since getting back. 

I completely gave up on Faye's tumbling class.  I tried to get our money back immediately after the first class, but they wouldn't give a refund so we decided to try to stick it out.  Well, we've only been to two classes, including the very first class.  The class is all done now and we signed her up for teeny, tiny Tappers which is a much younger and more specific age group.  She is 8 days away from being too old for the class, so I'm really hoping it works out for her.  She loves dancing!

First grade starts for Maddox in 2 weeks and preschool for Faye, 2 days after that.  She'll go twice a week and she is pumped!

I signed up to be an Independent Consultant with Usborne books and hope to make enough monthly to pay for Karate for Maddox.

No comments:

Post a Comment