Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Faelyn!

Today (well, yesterday, technically, since it is 1:40 AM) my baby girl turned THREE!

Clayton took the day off of work and we had plans on going to Gale Woods Farm to see the animals (specifically the pigs!), have a picnic and take some family photo's and three year pictures of Faye. Unfortunately, It was a very gloomy day. Cold and it was supposed to be rainy most of the day. We decided to go to Nickelodeon Universe at the Mall of America instead.

My kids have NEVER been on any rides before, so we were taking a huge chance at wasting the day, but it turned out really great. We got both kids on rides and they loved them. We didn't really give them an option, but there were a couple rides that Maddox said no way to. Faye said no to pretty much all of the, but when we stopped asking and just got in line and put her on the ride, there were no protests.

Our first stop was Diego's Rescue Rider. It was a little bus that sent around in circles, up and down. Faye was really unsure of the ride. Maddox started out by clutching on to me, but he relaxed a little while later, once the butterflies in his tummy settled down!

Next stop, Crazy Cars! This was just Maddox and Clayton. They were big, fast bumper cars. I was nervous about Maddox not liking it because of all the intense jerking, but he had fun!

Next we went onto the Big Rigs. They're little semi truck cabs. Maddox, Faye, and Clayton went on. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking they wouldn't let Faye go on by herself because they wouldn't let her in the front of the truck, she had to sit in the back.

Then we went over to Blue's Skidoo and Maddox and Faye went on the ride by themselves. They shared a Blue (even though Faye wanted Magenta, but all the Magenta's were taken) and Faye really liked it. It went around and if you pressed a button, it would lift your Blue (or Magenta) up in the air.

Faye's last ride was the Balloon Race. Hot air balloons that lift up into the air and then go around in circles and lift up and down. Faye, Maddox, and I went on that.

Maddox's last ride was Swipers Sweep. Faye and I went to the toy store, but I think it was kind of like the big rigs, that just go on a circle track round and round, but much faster. It whipped around corners. The description says "Climb aboard for a wild whip of a ride… but look out! Swiper is after your stuff! As your vehicle zips around, Swiper “reaches” out to grab you, but you’re too fast for him." Maddox said it was his favorite of all the rides. He said he was scared at first, but as soon as he realized that he wasn't going to go flying out of the car, he really liked it.

I had to bribe Faye to go on a couple rides. Mostly, just not asking her if she wanted to go helped get her on the rides, but before that, I told her that if she went on rides until the points where all gone that we could go into the Dora store we had passed and pick out a toy. We went into one toy store, then the Dora store, then another toy store, and then the toy store called "Toys". We ended up being in there for almost an hour. Maddox and Clayton went over to the Lego store and finally, after a really long time and some prodding, Faye picked out a Webkinz Pot Bellied Pig. It's pretty dang cute!

After we finished all the ride and went through the toy stores, we went to eat at the Rainforest Cafe. We sat by the gorilla's and the thunderstorm and gorilla's were really loud and freaked Faye out. First she laid on her chair and would not raise her head off the chair. I got her over onto my lap and she was just still. I got her to eat a couple mozzarella sticks. After our food came, I put her in her chair and she just sat there, with her chin down and her eyes up, staring at the gorilla. It FREAKED her out. She said the gorilla was staring at her and it was going to hurt her. I brought her back on my lap and she took one bite of a fry. After awhile, she held a mini hot dog, but didn't take a single bite of it. She eventually fell asleep in my lap with the hot dog in her hand.

While Faye was still awake, we had planned on them bringing her out a Volcano dessert for her birthday, but every time they brought one out for anyone else, she winced. She didn't like the sparkler. So we switched to just a little sunday with a candle. Of course she passed out before that came, but they brought it out and lit it and gave it to Maddox. He made Faye a birthday wish and blew out the candle for her.

When we got into the car to drive over to IKEA, Faye woke up. We wondered IKEA for a very short time, spent under $13 and left for home. Maddox passed out in the car on the way home.

Now you're probably wondering why I am still awake at 2AM. Faye has a big birthday party tomorrow. She requested so many things. She wants a big pink birthday cake with a cat on it. She wants balloons and streamers. She wants a My Little Pony birthday. She wants a Pinata, but she's not getting one! So... I've been making her cake since... I don't even know! Since, maybe around 6PM. 13 Cups of flour... 7 Sticks of Butter... I've got the cakes baked and separately wrapped for tomorrow. I still have to make the frosting, frost the cakes, refrigerate them, then put them together (with a topper, no cat for her, but we found two really cool toys we're going to put on there. Not both, just one, but we're not sure which one yet). I have to do all that, plus the grocery shopping and decorating. Wish me luck!

I'll post photos later.

No comments:

Post a Comment