Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bedroom Organization

I had made a post awhile back about not knowing what to do about the boys toys. It took me a lot of deciding before I settled on anything that I could live with (both purchasing - price wise, what I could find, would it work when we move, etc).

I was going to try the itso products from Target, but they ended up being too big. They had a cool little white board door that you could put on the cubes and a lot of accessories, but it was all too complicated (not to put together, just not as simple and plain as I was looking for) and the cool little white board door sucked. Especially if a 2 and 6 year old was going to be using it.

What I ended up with was a ClosetMaid 6-Cube Organizer in white (because my Target did not have the "Marine Blue" Circo brand shelf. Then we bought ClosetMaid and Circo bins. They are 10x10 (loosely, they may be closer to 11x11??) and the also have some 5x5x10 bins that I bought to go ontop of the unit for all those little random toys that I was complaining about (the Kung Zhu, plastic animals (mostly bugs and dinosaurs), Nerf Darts and mini targets, etc).

From June 2011


We still need to get two more bins for some stuff and another set of the small skinny bins to go on top (instead of that clear "junk drawer", which is mostly filled with die cast cars at the moment). And Of course, Maddox's awesome bed (from IKEA) helps give us some space to put the shelf...

From June 2011


We also have had this book shelf in the bedroom for a couple years now. It's a mess and it keeps getting more and more crowded.

From June 2011


Now... What to do with Faye's stuff!

From June 2011


We try so hard to keep her stuff on her little shelf thing... but she is SO not helpful! To the right of this, on the other side of the door way is a play kitchen and all those accessories. They're also laying all over the floor, because again, Faye is SO not helpful!

Three more years and we can give Faye Maddox's bed and get Maddox a full loft bed with a desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment