Today was Faelyn's first time ever experiencing throwing up. Last night she woke up crying several times. I brought her into my bed and she stayed asleep for awhile. I figured it was teething. She is cutting her very last 2 year molar and just the very points are out so far. She woke up often through out the entire night, crying, and upset. She woke up this morning dry heaving. She never really eats too much at dinner time, so she didn't have anything to throw up. As soon as I heard her, I jumped up, picked her up and carried her off the bed. We sat on the floor and I told her to lean forward. I guess when it's 6:30 AM, I'm going to decide that it's better for her to puke on my bedroom floor than to puke on my sheets?! She was laying in my lap, in my arms and she says to both Daddy and I, through her dry heaving "I keep having the hiccups and I do not feel good." It was really sweet. She is such a sweet girl.
We were up for the day at that point. I handed her to Daddy in bed and went into the bathroom. That woke Maddox up and he was up too. They both wanted to watch TV in the living room, so they did for awhile. It took Faye about an hour and she started again. She got some mucus and stomach acid. I brought her lemonade and saltines.
She acted fine all day. She was running around, bouncing off things, and being her normal self. I figured the two times was it and she was done, but later on I went to lay her down to change her diaper and she was looking like she was going to puke. I asked her if she was going to puke and if she needed a bucket and she told me "No. I ate the puke." She was swallowing and smacking her lips... She ate her puke. Later on in the day, she climbed up onto my back and I could hear the burping, her belly growling, and her swallowing it back down. YUCK! But I guess I'm glad she was eating it because otherwise it would have been all over me (in my hair!).
We skipped open swim tonight, she didn't finish her ice cream, and she's barely had anything to eat today. Hopefully she will be feeling better tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment