Thursday, January 29, 2009

Pajama Day!

Today I got to go to school with Maddox and it was Pajama day! Clayton took the morning off and hung out with Faye.

It was a pretty good day, I got to meet all his friends and see what he does at school. Today was a special day, so we all wore PJ's, watched two short Clifford shows, and ate Popcorn for snack. Unfortunately, I will probably not being going back to his class because his behavior wasn't the greatest with me there. He had a hard time listening to his teacher. I tried to make it very clear to him that Maddox AND Mom needed to listen to the teachers at school and Mom does not make any of the rules at school, but that was still hard for him. He wanted to be in my lap, laying on me, etc and had a hard time sitting "Criss Cross Apple Sauce" like he is supposed to with the rest of the children. He did not want to dance at the end and was in tears because he wanted to go home and play with toys instead of being at school. One of his teachers commented on how strange it was because this was always Maddox's favorite time and he loved to "Rock Out" (lol). I knew it was because I was there and told her so. He also really wanted to tell his teacher Mrs. Gellner something but after he went up to tell her, he looked back at me with tears in his eyes and a shakey lip "What did I want to tell Mrs. Gellner, Mom?" Of course he hadn't told me, he wanted to tell her, so I didn't know. It was really sad and it hurt me to see him so sad and upset in front of his teachers, I think it really bothered him. He was also pretty sad when I had to help the other kids with their bags and jackets because we were running behind schedule (for some reason they didn't come out to get this kids until 5ish minutes after class normally starts). He wanted me to help him with all of his stuff but I had to help him last and again, when he talked to Mrs. Gellner he was pretty upset. I wish he could have had a normal day with me at school with him. I really looked forward to going to school with him and had fun, but it was also really sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment