So we trekked our little selves over to the UofM campus for Faye's doctors appointment. This was a completely different Clinic and Pediatrician. She was really funny on our bus downtown. She was talking so much and so loud that a woman at the front of the bus (Maddox LOVES the back row of seats, so we always have to sit there) turned around and giggled at her. She has been talking since 4 weeks old, but she is really starting to move her tongue around a lot when talking and she all of a sudden started talking a TON. She woke up at 5AM this morning and talked to me, which is probably why I didn't hear Maddox come to our bed, or hear Clayton get out of bed, or hear Clayton turn on the TV for Maddox, or hear Clayton take a shower, etc. I woke up at 7:45AM and had to ask Maddox if Daddy left for work already!
Official Stats
Height: 24½ Inches (57%)
Weight: 13 Pounds, 3 Ounces (37%)
Head: 42 Centimeters (77%) Haha! She's got nothing on Maddox though!
Everything went good. Faye is doing great. We LOVED the Pediatrician! She was so happy and friendly and HELPFUL. Instead of saying "she's fine", "that's normal", she actually explained why things happen, etc. so I didn't feel like she was blowing off my concerns and now I know what the little white bumps on her gums are (harmless cysts that will go away whenever they want to), why she snorts and spits up mucus, and that sort. I got a cheer and TWO thumbs up for breastfeeding. Faye wanted to eat and so I nursed her and she checked out her latch and everything and to make sure that her congested nose didn't interfere with nursing at all.
Faye only got one shot today. The DTaP. I'm bringing her in again in about 2 weeks to have the PCV and HIB. The Pediatrician was not at all negative about delaying and spreading out shots. She liked what I wanted done and only suggested moving up the MMR shot to 15-18mo instead of age 5 because of the risk of Measles. I know there are places that can get separate Measles, Mumps, and Rubella vaccines, but this clinic is not one of them and I don't know where those clinics would be and I really don't think it is that necessary. I think I'm still going to wait closer to age 2 though. Maybe 21-24 months.
I'm very glad that we only got her the one shot today. She did not cry. She fussed a little bit after the shot when the nurse put her band-aid on, but only for a second (literally) and then she was done. I wrapped her up, we were off back home and Faye slept most of the way home. She was wide awake and alert while at home and not a bit fussy until she decided she was tired and ready for bed, just before 7pm. Her shot was at about 2:45 PM and I gave her some Tylenol around 4 PM and she was perfectly OK before that. I just wanted her to have the Tylenol so that she didn't get sore and so she could sleep tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment