Faye had her check up appointment today at Gillette Children's. The doctor moved her hips around and then adjusted her harness (loosened it). He thinks that she will be all better by 6 weeks, so we should only have 4 more weeks left! I hope so, I'm so sick of this harness. I never get to see my baby and am always amazed at how much she has grown when I finally get to take it off to give her a bath. I want to be able to cuddle her and have a good nursing relationship with her again.
It is so hard to nurse with her in the harness, neither of us are comfortable and she eats until she is good enough but not full and than stops. I get 5 minutes nursing sessions out of her. She doesn't want to comfort nurse because she is so uncomfortable nursing in the harness, so Clayton got her to take a nuk. She's not very fond of it, but already pretty attached to it and it's only been 2 days. She likes to spit it out before falling asleep (which I takes as a good thing). She did lay and nurse and comfort nurse for about an hour and napped on the breast for quite awhile.
Ultrasound and appointment next Tuesday. Hopefully that will show us that she is well on her way to being tightened up. 2 Month appointment next Monday. She's getting all the regular shots and the Rotavirus drink. I wanted to delay the HepB till she was older but unless I want to get all of her shots done separately, I need to get her the HepB. I'd personally like to do less pokes. I want her to get all the vaccines, the HepA, MMR, and Varicella will be waiting until after age 2. MMR & Varicella probably will wait until she starts school.
She was 9lbs 15oz at 6 weeks, so it will be interesting to see how big she is now! I checked her chart from that appointment and it said 54cm which is 21.26in. 2.26in since birth and 2lbs 15oz!
No comments:
Post a Comment