A couple things different - Not as much morning sickness, but I still have my days. I don't feel like I am going to throw up every time I am hungry and I'm not hungry every 5 minutes! I'm still pretty tired, but it is gradually getting less and less.
I had my first appointment on November 5th. I was about 8 weeks 5 days. Could not hear a heartbeat. Got some information, a cool magazine about how the baby grows in the womb (also got it last time with Maddox), some DHA Supplements called "Expecta" from Enfamil. I think I am going to buy some more, it was only 5 pills. Maddox and I accidentally left for the appointment an hour early. We got there at 9:30am and my appointment was at 10:30am. He was very well behaved. He waited with my and we read books and magazines til we went in the room. I think he is getting to know/getting used to my midwife because he just walked in the room and started playing with toys. It helps that there are only two people there - The nurse and the midwife, so he sees the same people every single time.
I have my second appointment on December 3rd and I will be 12 weeks and 5 days so we should be able to hear the heartbeat at that time. I might see if Clayton wants to come that time to hear the baby's heartbeat. He seems really excited this time. It is incredibly easy to talk him into crazy things like a $279.99 car seat. I don't know if it's because we were actually trying for a baby this time or because after having Maddox, he knows what it feels like to have and love a child of his own.
My feelings this time around are so different. I am so afraid and paranoid about things that last time I didn't even think about (the health of the baby, different prenatal tests and at the hospital type stuff, being able to take care of two, being able to share the love equally) and less afraid and more excited about the things I was afraid of before (did I ruin our lives, is clayton happy, is this going to ruin our relationship). Now I am more afraid of the things I don't really have control over and less worried about the things that I (now) know that we can work out and overcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment