We requested school for the two kids in early July and both of then were put on the wait list because we registered with our out of district address. After we closed on the house, the first thing I did was call to change the address. They had me refill out the request form and Maddox got a letter right away saying that he got in. Faye, on the other hand, did not.
School started for Maddox on Monday, August 26th and for Kindergarten on Wednesday, August 28th. I was really bummed about Faye missing her "first day of school" experience.
School was canceled due to the hot weather for Thursday and Friday and all kids resumed on Tuesday, September 3rd. On the morning of Thursday, Sept 5th, I got a call from the front office saying that Faelyn has been assigned and I can come in and register her! I wasn't able to until after 2pm and it was pure chaos at the end of the day, but we left with her mostly registered and instructions to send her to school on the bus in the morning!
I did just that and then I followed her to school! I'm glad I did or it could have been a very crazy start to her school career. But we got her all situated and she had an amazing first day of kindergarten!

Keri Bears- post some new update and pics! Email me anytime: shoehorn33@hotmail.com
ReplyDelete-Bethy Pooh