I just realized that I did not get any pictures of Clayton with the kids. Just one with Clayton and Murphy...
We had an exciting day today! We were going to stay home, but we decided to go down to Minnehaha Falls to Sea Salt Eatery. While standing in the ungodly line, we got the news that the offer that we put on a house was accepted!!!
After we ate, we went down to the "wading pool" and let the kids swim. It was beautiful out. The water was chilly at first, but you got used to it fast.
At one point, I looked over at Faye and was watching her as she swam in the water. She was down further than normal and further than my comfort zone, but I watched and then she was being swept away in the current. I freaked out. I grabbed Murphy, who was playing in the water, and took off running and yelling her name. With Murphy in my arm and absolutely no place to put him, I never would have made it down to her. Fortunately, a woman further down grabbed her and I was there seconds later.
If you thought those rocks hurt while walking slowly and carefully, try running on them! Oh. Em. Gee!
Later, Faye told me that she was blowing bubbles, trying to ask for help. What she was doing in the first place, trying to swim in the current! She said she was holding onto the rocks. I asked if that was working and she said no. I told her I was terrified that she was going to be swept down the river and mommy ran as fast as I could with Murphy in my arm, but I wasn't going to make it in time. I asked her if she was scared and she said she was a little scared.
I hope this was a lesson learned, and not a "better luck next time" experience...
I decided to write this at 2:14 AM, so clearly it was a traumatizing experience for me!



No comments:
Post a Comment