We got started pretty late on Friday. We've been sleeping in this summer. It's so hard to get the kids to bed at their normal bedtime when it is still SO bright out and the sun is still at least an hour or more away from sunset.
Friday turned out to be a pretty hot day. Over 95 degrees with a heat index over 100. We were only out picking strawberries for about a half hour. It was long enough though, we brought home 9lbs of strawberries!
We came home and took a little break in the air conditioning while I made lunch. We refueled, cooled down, and headed back out of check out the Eloise Butler Wildflower Garden & Bird Sanctuary. I really wasn't impressed with it at all. Maybe it would have been better if it was a lot cooler out and the kids could just mosey on about, but we were all boiling hot. There were supposed to be a lot of different flowers in bloom and we saw very little. I was disappointed that we didn't see a single Lady Slipper (they were supposed to be in bloom). The "Lady Slipper Lane" had nothing and neither did the rest of the place. They had Poison Ivy but it wasn't marked and the post number had been hammered into the ground by a tree that was blown over by a tornado that came through about a month ago. The only reason we knew it was Poison Ivy is because when we went into the visitor center to get the free guide (because we have a museum adventure pass), the woman in there said to look out for the #35 post marker at the poison ivy because the tree pounded it in (not even a "make sure you don't walk in the poison ivy"... lol).
I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that noticed this little guy...
Wet, sweaty hair matted to her face.
Dad had the day off so we didn't really do much of anything else (in terms of learning, haha!) Maddox and I did work on a little bit of the Independence Day Lapbook before I let him go down to play the PS3 with Dad...
No comments:
Post a Comment