Sunday, December 13, 2009

18 Months!

I was thinking it had been an insanely long time since I posted... I thought it was January 30th. I realize that July is still an incredibly long time, but nowhere near January! Faye's first tooth cut in July. Followed by three more, one a month. In October she cut her first top molar and the second one came not too long after that. They are still only half way through. She cut another molar about a week ago and has five other teeth that seem like they are going to come through any day now.

Faye is such an amazing child. She is pure trouble, but not the kind you get frustrated with or mad at... she really makes me laugh. She is such a bright little girl with so much determination (and some pretty big muscles for a baby!).

The night before last, Maddox, Faye and I were saying numbers in the bathroom while they took a bath together. One of us would start with one, the next would say two, and the next would say three. All of us went around until the numbers got too high for Faye, then it was just Maddox and myself. I was amazed at all the numbers she knew. She definitely knew 2 and 3, but the rest I thought she was just copying us, until yesterday afternoon. I started her with one and she finished up for me. Two, three, four, five, six, eight, nine, ten. She missed number seven, but holy cows! My 18 Month old just counted to 10 only missing two numbers!

I got a letter in the mail about a week ago reminding me to bring Faye in for her 18 Month check up. It said that a child her age should say 15-20 words and that "they may throw tantrums"... well she certainly threw tantrums! I figured she could say at least 30 words, but I thought it would be fun to count what she could say, so for a couple hours I listened to her talk and asked her what different things where to see if she knew and if she could say them and I ended up counting over 90 words not including names (Mom/Mommy/Mama, Dad/Daddy/Dada, Maddox/Maddie, Clayton, Keri, Buddy, Blue-Blue, Faye-Faye, Grandma, Bepaw, Aunty, Amy, Susan, Uncle, Lewis, Eric, etc etc etc...)

Faye also walks around singing the first couple words to her favorite song "Open, Shut Them", it is really cute. She says "A B C" over and over again haha and she LOVES to dance, shimmy, shake, and wiggle! She loves to make people laugh, she loves puppies and horses, she loves to torture her big brother and she loves to give him kisses too.

I really am the luckiest Mom in the world!

August 2009
IMG_1000

September 2009
IMG_1669

October 2009
IMG_1820

November 2009
IMG_2705

December 2009
IMG_3063

No comments:

Post a Comment