Monday, February 19, 2007

Hello Everyone!

We haven't been taking alot of pictures lately, but Maddox is still cute and still growing alot!

Maddox is a strange and silly little boy and STILL loves to relax just about anywhere he can. His Aunty Amy bought him a ball pit that was on Clearence at Toys R Us and he flipped the thing upside down and laid around in it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We've been having bedtime and wake time issues lately. Maddox, for quite a few months now (almost 6 I think) has needed one of us to lay down in his bedroom with him while he fell asleep. At the beginning of this month, and also in January, he not only was going to bed late in the evening, but he was waking up at 5:30am! One morning, this month, he woke up at 4:30am and would not go back to sleep. Dad fell asleep on the cough the night before, so I sent Maddox out into the living room with some cereal, a sippy cup, and his blanket to watch Diego and by the time I woke up at 7:30am, he was passed out in his little Papasan chair. I don't know for how long, but I picked him up and moved him to a bed and he slept til 8:30am!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We are borrowing a book from a friend called "No Cry Sleep Solutions For Toddlers and Preschoolers". It is a fantastic book! We have adjusted a few things with Maddox's sleep and bedtime routine that have helped and we are in the process of moving out of his room. I'll be spending 2 weeks sitting next to his bedroom door while he falls asleep (instead of in the rocking chair), then I will open the door for a week or 2, still sitting in the same spot. After that I will be moving to sitting in his open door way, then to sitting outside of his room in his doorway, and then hopefully sitting out of site. I am working up to sitting out of site with his bedroom door closed so that I can just lay him in bed, leave and close the door behind me. One thing is that the book recommends that only one person put him to sleep EVERY night..... So wish me luck!

He has actually been doing fairly well so far. He's been going to bed around 9-9:30pm, which is late, but also, he has started walking up around 8-8:30am! Now it's just trying to get him to fall asleep without me in the room.

About a week ago (ish) I decided that I wanted to make some hearts with chocolate melts and vanilla melts. We bought some stuff at Michael's and Daddy and Maddox helped me! They turned out really good! The only draw back is, now Maddox asks for a "har" every morning!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

On Valentine's Day, Maddox and I got to babysit Bella for a little while in the morning. Maddox was excited to see her, but quickly displeased at the way she needed everything he had. He climbed up onto the couch and held his Goldfish and Sippy Cup up as high as he could, just out of her reach!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here he is yelling "Cup!" at her, to show her that she has her own cup lying on the floor just a foot away from her!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And then he went on to give her nasty looks!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Bella was not offended and discovered that she had tasty wagon wheels to eat instead!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So then Maddox tried to play it off with looks of innocense!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Later on I tried to get some pictures of Maddox in his "Hunk of Burnin' Love" T-Shirt that Aunty Amy got for him. He was less than cooperative.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here he is commanding me to "SIIIIIIIIT!"

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here are two random pictures - Just because he is cute...

Maddox with his oh-so-precious Diego Field Journal

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And taking a drink from his Thomas the Tank Engine Straw Cup

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lately, Maddox has been talking non-stop. He's been repeating words like "Pygmy Marmoset" & "Tree Sap". He says "Cocoa" over and over again all the time because he is obsessed with hot cocoa! And it is pretty cute. Basically anything you can say, he will repeat! It's alot of fun and he is pretty amusing!

No comments:

Post a Comment