Friday, June 30, 2006

Understanding commands

Maddox has been pretty good with commands for awhile, but for the past week or two he has been excellent with them. I will ask him to go get his shoes (or mine) and bring them to me and he goes straight to them and brings them straight back to me. Sometimes he is unwilling to give up his sippy cup before he goes down for a nap or to bed. After I lay him in bed and tuck him in, I will say "Maddox, can you give me your sippy cup?" and he hands it right to me. Of course with getting older and understanding what I am asking and telling him, he also has become very intrigued with "no". He cannot say the word yet (or at least, has not tried), but is knows how to shake and nod his head. "Maddox, is it time for bed?" asks mom, "No" Maddox shakes his head. "Maddox, are you cute?" asks mom, again, Maddox shakes his head no. "Maddox, do you want a cookie?", "No" Maddox shakes his head. "Maddox, do you love your mommy?", again, Maddox shakes his head no! Most of the time his answer is legit though.. He lets you know when he is finished eating, drinking, etc. I do appreciate the shaking of the head though.. and am very glad I do not hear "NO!" a million times on the top of his lungs (like "OUTSIDE!" lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment