Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Hernia Boy

I have a herniated belly button. The muscles my belly didn't grow straight down, they grew around my belly button so there is a hole there and my intestines are sticking out. All mom and dad have to do though is, whenever I get upset, cry, poop, etc and they start to stick out, to wait till I am calm and push it back in. She said it should only take 2-6 years for the muscles to come together and just to watch it to make sure that none of my intestines get trapped inbetween the muscles.

The little red half circle is where his belly button actually is.. it is squished under neither there.


I also got a list of three things to try for my constipation:
+ since 1/2 an ounce once a day of prune juice wasn't working, she upped it to 1oz 3-4 times a day.

+ If that doesn't work dark karo syrup - 1-2 tsp a day.

+ and then pedialyte. I don't remember how much pedialyte.. but she said to alternate bottles between pedialyte and karo syrup.

I am supposed to be pooping several times a day for 1-2 days to get my system cleaned out and then mom and dad shouldn't have to give me it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment