Sunday, September 12, 2004

Kitty Drama!

So earlier today Blue and I were sitting on the floor "organizing" and he decided that he wanted to crawl inside of a plastic petco bag and sit in there. And he did, and put his head through one of the handles. When he decided to get up.. the bag was stuck on his head and he didn't know how to get it off so he took off running..

He ran around the entire bedroom, out the door into the rest of the basement, he ran around the entire basement, running into things, hitting his head on things, making things fall over and fly off into other places.. I tried to catch him but he was too fast.. and I tried to catch him as he ran towards me, but he always ran by me, but still to far away to reach.. and he ran into the laundry room area of the basement and into the corner under the stairs where we store boxes and things.. and he ran underneath the shelf.

I was calling his name and pulled out all of the tubs and boxes (they were heavy) to get back to see if I could find him and I couldn't see him anywhere... Usually when I call his name he meow's or comes to me and he didn't make a sound.. It totally freaked me out because I thought that maybe he had knocked himself out when he hit his head on something.

I called Clayton bawling because I couldn't find a flash light with batteries and I couldn't find Blue and he wasn't making any sounds and I thought he had hurt himself.. So Clayton bought some batteries for a flashlight and was on his way home..

I pulled out some more boxes and made some room for me.. and then I could finally get low enough to the ground to see under the shelf (which was probably around 6 inches of space between the ground and the bottom of it) and I saw a white blob.. but then I looked around some more and saw a few other white blobs that were smaller.. so I wasn't sure if the bigger one was him or not.. but I knew he was somewhere under there... well then I heard the plastic bag crinckle.. and I called Clayton and told him that I found him but couldn't get him out.. and so he was only about 2 minutes away..

I was waiting for my dad to come pick me up, he was bringing me over to his house for a barbecue and to hang out with Kerry & the kids.. and I had to have him come inside the house and wait for Clayton to get home and wait for him to get the kitty..

Clayton got the plastic bag off of his neck and so we just left him under there with some snacks sitting out for him to have when he came out from under the shelf. I figured if he didn't have the bag on his head.. when he came out, he would be fine. If he had the bag on his head still.. he'd freak out again and probably end up doing the same thing he did in the first place.

But I got home close to 3pm and Blue had come out sometime while I was gone and he is ok now! I picked up all the plastic bags off the floor so that he doesn't lay in any of them again.. and we don't go through the same thing again.

I'm sure he's probably already forgot about the whole deal.. and I don't think he hurt himself at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment