Thursday, July 15, 2004

Mommies Vent about her OB/GYN

+ I don't feel comfortable with him. I don't feel comfortable asking him the questions I have about cord blood donation, amniocentesis, circumcision (if its a boy), etc.. I have a list of things.. and when he asks "do you have any questions" I look at my purse.. remembering I have the list and remembering everything on it.. and I just say no, because I don't want to talk to him about it or ask him anything. I want to discuss birth control methods for afterwards, and my birth plan (made one on some website). And I remember then when I go in.. I just don't want to talk to him about it. I actually just grew sad about it yesterday after my 2nd appt. and threw the list away.

He doesn't talk to me or tell me much during my visit either. He comes in asks "how are you?" says "mmhmm" to whatever I say.. and then asks me if I have any questions, then tells me to go on the lil bed thingy, and asks me to unbotton my pants. He measures, doesn't say how I am measuring or what I am measuring.. then he lubes my belly and finds the hb, says "do you hear that?" cleans me up and then tells me to go out and sit in this room to get my blood taken..

And those are literally the only 6 things he says to me. and if he says paper work from the blood.. he flips through them and says "normal, normal, normal, normal, normal, everythings normal"

His eyes are really shifty too.. he makes me super nervous. I really wish I could go to a different ob/gyn.

+ So today I called and scheduled new appointments with Dr. Bryz-Gornia. He is a bit weird... But he is really friendly, chatty, and nice. I went to him for a check up with in 24 hours after I went to the ER.. He did a pelvic exam, and some other stuff.. And I felt perfectly comfortable (first time having a male OB/GYN).. I thought I was going to be scared and really nervous.. But after I met him.. I was super relaxed. So now I am going to be going to him.. But my mommy has to take me because the only time he has available at a close clinic is 1:30pm-3pm on Tuesdays.. and Clayton goes to school from Noon-6pm on tuesdays... But I am happy.. And I am actually excited to go to my next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment